Sunday, January 9, 2011

Logo Concept 1


8 comments:

Dopefish said...

Hmm, I think I really like the first version you posted. It's clean, but still manages to give a bit of evil look to it. Perhaps due to the sharp edges on the right sides of the letters, and the left side looking like a grip ;)

The second version has some nice tearing on the letters, but their sizing would make them hard to use, resize, or simply post in the corner of a image.

Anyone else that has any comments? ;)

None said...

The first one reminds me of a medieval sword because of the shininess. The second one is starting to be a bit illegible and also looks more like a heavy metal rock logo. Yes, the sizing is a little awkward about it.

I think the first one has potential if we can try some different variations with it. I don't think the lens flare is going to hold up if the logo is going to be on a mass-media such as a blank white background.

We're on to the right track, though. :)

CZERW said...

Glad you like it. I've posted some variations.

Dopefish said...

Definetly the middle one of those! :)
Think it portrays the feeling of the game pretty good ;)

Personally I think the light might be a bit too bright on the top of the A, and perhaps a little too centered towards the tip of it. Very small thing however.

It would be good if you made the "project" part aswell, so people will know it's the project name, and which might change :)

Dopefish said...

The outline of the middle one could probably be improved alot.

Dopefish said...

I don't know what you're doing with image uploads in your posts, since you always succeed in removing their link, and thus can't be clicked to see in bigger resolution ;)

I'd say the edge definitionn is better now than it was with the black outline, but it might be a little bit too white/clean (maybe add some scratches/chippings to it aswell?). It won't be something anyone notices in lower resolution though.

Where the light were previously on the A, it seems to be just lower brightness, making it look greyish/dimmish. So it was better in the last version of it.

The last version had more desaturated and more unimpressive colors to them, which made the blood stains to become a subtle but sharper of a contrast.

So personally I would stick with the coloring/filling of the last version.

I like the idea of using the space above "RON" to write "PROJECT". It would be hard to see though if we use it as a stamp on images.

Dopefish said...

Oh, you should also make a comment if you edit and updates old posts, or otherwise no one will know they've been updated :D

I just stumble across them by chance.

Good work so far! :)

CZERW said...

I've changed it a bit.

For some reason It wont link my images after editing posts. Not sure why. Im uploading them normally.