Big Dirty sent me this WIP soundboard, to establish the style of the sounds we'll be using for Project Aron. Please listen through it, and post your thoughts in the comments field.
These are the sounds that are being portrayed in the audio clip:
- Character inside building with wooden floor and mechanized hum of motors
- Character opens door and exits building into alley of street sounds with wet reverb of close space
- Character passes by machine, drips, steam valves
- Character enters wider city street with reverb of larger space
- Character passes by fountain/canal, with sounds of city and crows overhead
- Weather changes to rain and footsteps are walking through puddles
- Character opens and closes door into new building
- Character climbs wooden stairs
- Character opens door to roof and sounds of crows, city streets, motors, and cloth flapping in wind are heard
Please note that the file were built in a session with a wrong sample rate, and the sounds are then played back too fast.
4 comments:
Forgot to add the disclaimer:
"The file I sent you was built in a session with the wrong sample rate so the finished sample sounds too fast."
Very beautiful! I love the ambient atmosphere, I think it will work great. That difference between indoor and outdoor is a big deal to me as far as feeling immersed...I noticed the same contrast in Heavy Rain when you go from outside to inside and the sound gets dull/muffled and feels less "open". Nice work.
cool sounds awesome to me! The only thing I can think of is when the character climbs wooden stairs I was kind of expecting some light wood straining noises. Maybe just a little don't want the stairs to sound like it's about to break.
Also this one is just opinion but maybe when opening the door to the roof have the sound of wind, like when you open the door only a little on a windy day you get that almost whistling effect until you open it completely............or it could be just a not windy day. I mean you have the flapping cloth which already helps with the "being outside" feel.
But over all I think damn awesome WIP. My bad if the ideas sound stupid
Sounds great. I agree with Lapis that there could be a little more creak to the wood, but I guess that depends on the condition of the steps and the weight of the character.
In the beginning there's a machine hum that sounds a bit like an electric lift. I think for this game it might sound slightly too modern and maybe should be a bit more mechanical with either the sound of gears or perhaps steam-propulsion.
Everything else sounded spot on to me. Great work so far!
Post a Comment