Hi, Its only me again. I've been doing some drawing lately and I think that its not so bad idea to post that here instead of spamming on Dopefishs email. :)
So those are characters from all three factions, some more finished than others. I'm still experimenting a lot so It would be great if you could guide me a little.
The main idea is to make 'exiles' bunch of corrupted, demoralised cultists. They should be mysterious, creepy and weird.
Male 'exile' wears mask that we're not really sure if its actually mask or rather part of his head. Ideally I would imagine him making some weird unhuman noises too.
Female is portrayed as sick-minded masochist. Her mind is possesed by her dark urges, she laughs at pain of her vistims ;)
Male 'Inquisitor' Is typical leader. He's allways in controll. He rarely shows his true emotions. His presence is intimidating enough so he often doesnt need resort to violence. (think of gestapo officer or...darth vader).
Female 'inquisitor' Is half mechanical doll. She's 'made' to fulfil orders blindly. Thats why she resemble more robot/puppet rather than human being. I would also imagine her moving in a more 'mechanical' way (think of nurses from silent hill).
'Cursed ones' Are made to look like normal citizens, who are hiding their dark gifts. They represent two different social classes. Male is a beggar hidding under worn out rags, female represents upper class... or maybe courtesan I'm not sure yet...
Oh and I know that arms should be bare. I was wondering how to design that as I wouldnt want to dress everyone in vests. I was thinking about tearing off their sleeves. What do you think?
Also sorry for any possible grammar mistakes, and umm Merry Christmass to you all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It's good that you post on the blog instead so everyone get a chance to see your progress aswell as sharing their thoughts on the matter.
You already have my previous feedback, so I'll try avoiding repeating that.
For the male 'cursed ones', I'm a bit worried they'll look too similar to Assassin's Creed (might just be the coloring though):
http://www.psu.com/media/assassins-creed-2/assassins-creed-2-ss-1.jpg
Also be sure that each faction will be able to share a color theme, that will be unqiue from the other ones.
It's unlikely we'll have time to have unqieu animation sets for characters, so keep that in mind.
I like that you changed the cape into a trenchcoat. He shares the same eerie look as the ones from the movie Dark City :)
About the arms, the exiled ones can continue being barechested, and thus logically be unclothed on the arms.
The cursed ones (the ones in hiding) can have as you suggested, torn clothing, which would imply they suddenly decided to go out of hiding to join the battle.
The inquisitors however would probably be more accustomed to showing their arms, and should probably reflect that by how they dress.
Since everyone is part of this project, I would like to hear the others thoughts on these characters, and don't be afraid to either praise or curse the concepts :)
Maybe these two images could be inspirational for the cursed female:
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs51/PRE/f/2009/291/a/5/The_Queen_of_the_Night_by_SnowSkadi.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/158/d/e/the_queen_by_GunnerRomantic.jpg
Thanks for feedback and images.
I like the first one. The amount of deetails on that dress is outstanding.. so many unnecessary pieces of cloth :)
I'll post some updates soon.
Post a Comment