Hey Everyone, I was doing some practice painting to get better at concepting. I was itching to get on this, so I did. I've used the reference images and some imagination, as well as architectural features that I've used in environments before to come up with some more detail for the alley environment. This is what I have going so far:

(click on the image for a full-size version)
Everything is monochrome at the moment. Please add comments as to what you'd like to see more of, what isn't working, what I am missing, etc. I'll take everything into account so we can have a cool playable and stunning environment that is within the vision of the whole team.
-Jonathan
3 comments:
Nice use of perspective to fit in more things :)
I like the details, some of the objects look a bit Mc Escher'ish but overall it's quite good!
The original becomes perhaps a bit too narrow before it opens up into the market.
Keep the player movement in mind, so things such as the tilted roofs above the doors could have a flat surface on top of them, to make the player be able to run there.
Or perhaps tilt less and be more like this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oIa9uH7EPfM/SmHQoRU6AhI/AAAAAAAAA5U/z82SfcNs72A/s1600-h/1329433650_yongding-tulou-hse-4867.jpg
So basically keep the player movement in mind :)
Otherwise the style looks really good for the alley! Big thumbs up of approval!
Think this image shows some roofs/shaders that you could use:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ejVhPSXllX0/S0_hvVritjI/AAAAAAAAG5M/y8x1cHYa_6U/s1600-h/73.jpg
Post a Comment