I started out by making flowcharts of the moves we have in our game, and tried to make them close to what I believe would be the animations we needed to record. You can see them on the images above, and click for larger versions.
After watching tutorials and reading up more on the AnimTree functionality I got a better understanding of which moves could/should be blended, so we only need to record 4-directional moves (as opposed to the 8-directional ones shown in the flowcharts).
Then I compared the AnimSets for the third person character of Mirror's Edge (AS_F3P_Unarmed - 259 animations), and the default human one for UDK (K_AnimHuman_BaseMale - 124 animations), and came up with a list consisting of 227 animations that we're going to shoot with Måns von Rudfelt.
I still need to transfer over the animations to an excel arc, put "move name" and "descriptions" to them, together with trying to color code them together as the ones we can record as one (up, down, pre-land, land is one jump instead of four).
Might try to make another flowchart out of the list, to make it more visually appealing and easier to trace. However, I won't be able to make a mockup AnimTree, since I can't see if they'll blend correctly or not, nor do I have the time to gain enough knowledge to be able to do it.
Note, these moves doesn't account for swimming (we'll probably have to use UDK default animations for that), spell casting, nor melee fighting/sword wielding, but are simply the default set or parkour moves we're going to record with Måns.
Project Aron - Animation list (227 animations) (.txt)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment