In the first image (characters3), I really like the girl on the upper right, and I think she might fit good with the guy in the picture on the lower left (CharCitv2).
It would be good if the clothing they're wearing would be designed for bare arms, rather than rolling up the arms for the characters.
I find the two pictures in the middle, of the second version of the inquisitor looks interesting aswell, and that the head shroud would work better on the on the right, so it doesn't poke up too far, but still give a distinct silhouette for him.
I think I'd like to see the upperbody clothing of the inquisitor on the right (aronv2a), on the one on the left, and turn his waist sheet into a hip sheet only. Perhaps make it even longer.
I also find the upperbody clothing of character to the upper left on the first image (characters3) to be interesting to, aswell as what seems to be tassels belonging to a under coat for him.
I'm unsure about the shape around the crotch area for him and the inquisitors, and the use of stripes for their pants.
Would be nice to have some more asymmetry, such as the upper part of this shirt (which also have nice pockets on the outside rather than on the inside): http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8902/83998196.jpg
As I've mentioned before, I really like the claw like shoes most of your characters use, and they could be one of the things that makes the Aron characters distinct.
Another thing you could try out is using leg wrappings/bindings (of cloth, bandage or twine) for the lower leg, which might be an alternative to high boots, or pants with not much of interest at the lower legs.
The new inquisitor would also need a female version to go along with the male one.
Everyone else should comment on the concepts aswell, so we know if you'd like to work with these characters, or something else entirely :)
I think the craziness of the characters such as the water monster looking guy are awesome. It's refreshing to see characters that would have different walking styles, etc. I would almost like to see him crouched down or have them posed in the way that they would walk. I would image the ninja-esque guy to be a wise old man and have a deep hunch in his back and shuffle his feet when he walks.
I too am a fan of the claw shoes and it would be another nice addition to have claws on his hands (ninja style) http://www.karatemart.com/images/products/main/ninja-hand-claws.jpg.
As for the character thumbnail poses at the top: I think the guy with his arms up and white hair seems to have the most personality. I think it would be nice to push more crazy facial expressions with the characters overall. The guy on the bottom left seems to have awkward proportions on his left leg, as his foot is super small and leg is too thin. The foreshortening would have a better effect if the whole bottom part of the leg were thicker. i like your color choice overall and the works have a watercolor painting feel to them.
Keep it up!
(P.S. I suggest having more muscularity to some of the characters, as most of them are really thin at the moment)
I'm unsure we would have any time for this version to have different animation patterns for the characters, but it's otherwise something I'd really like to see differ from faction to faction aswell.
Hand claws would provide other problems such as sword grip, the latches blocking the upper side of the hand.
I'm also in love with the character with white hair and personality, but these concepts are for their clothing, body shapes and silhouettes, and he's not standing out in that regard other than the scarf looks good :)
More muscularity was a good suggestion. Here's a reference to draw inspiration from (might be too muscular): http://www.swimwellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/bruce-lee.gif
Glad you like it. I would also love to experiment with walking styles and additional weaponry, pity we dont have more time for that :/ There is one more thing - Im all for equality and stuff but do we really need male to female ratio 1to1? Wont 1 or 2 womans be enough? We could utilise white haired guy this way :) I also updated the concepts with few unnoticable changes.
As for muscularity: one thing Ive heard some time ago is that its better to be thin and skinny when you're into sports like climbing. Dont know if its true but it would be a great excuse ;) Thanks for pics though, ill have a look..
CZERW, you're correct in the assesment that it's better to be more lean when it comes to climbing and things such as parkour.
Just take a look at Måns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0vHF7E5Zw0&t=3m43s
Or Daniel Ilabaca: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pJe5oslXqks/ScKf9sjETLI/AAAAAAAAAB4/zAiKVsYX4-k/s1600/Daniel+Ilabaca+Body+Shot+v.4.jpg
Another good point is that it would be better for us to have bodies close to the mocap actor we're using, to avoid things as body parts intersecting each others.
We might even make it as Project Aron distinctive style to have thin characters. That's not to say that they can't have defined muscularity, only that they shouldn't have muscules that makes them bigger.
For the 1:1 ratio of male to female, the initial release have the target to have atleast one male and one female character for each faction. If time allows it, we'll have more characters, which can be of either sex, aslong as there's atleast one of each.
Otherwise, we might have only the bodies, but several different heads for each.
After the first release of the game, and people are still interested on working on it, we may be able to add custom animations for each character, more weaponry (and fighting styles) aswell as more characters, but currently our deadline for June is already pretty ambitious :)
In other words, there's nothing that says we can't have more, aslong as we complete the initial things first.
9 comments:
Fixed the links and added more of your WIP stuff :)
I'm likin the style :)
The sword on the back looks cool, what about shots of them conjuring spells?
The conjuration, and hand seals will probably wait till we get more into the spells, and instead focus on the characters for now :)
In the first image (characters3), I really like the girl on the upper right, and I think she might fit good with the guy in the picture on the lower left (CharCitv2).
It would be good if the clothing they're wearing would be designed for bare arms, rather than rolling up the arms for the characters.
I find the two pictures in the middle, of the second version of the inquisitor looks interesting aswell, and that the head shroud would work better on the on the right, so it doesn't poke up too far, but still give a distinct silhouette for him.
I think I'd like to see the upperbody clothing of the inquisitor on the right (aronv2a), on the one on the left, and turn his waist sheet into a hip sheet only. Perhaps make it even longer.
I also find the upperbody clothing of character to the upper left on the first image (characters3) to be interesting to, aswell as what seems to be tassels belonging to a under coat for him.
I'm unsure about the shape around the crotch area for him and the inquisitors, and the use of stripes for their pants.
Would be nice to have some more asymmetry, such as the upper part of this shirt (which also have nice pockets on the outside rather than on the inside):
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8902/83998196.jpg
As I've mentioned before, I really like the claw like shoes most of your characters use, and they could be one of the things that makes the Aron characters distinct.
Another thing you could try out is using leg wrappings/bindings (of cloth, bandage or twine) for the lower leg, which might be an alternative to high boots, or pants with not much of interest at the lower legs.
The new inquisitor would also need a female version to go along with the male one.
Everyone else should comment on the concepts aswell, so we know if you'd like to work with these characters, or something else entirely :)
Good job so far CZERW, keep it up!
I think the craziness of the characters such as the water monster looking guy are awesome. It's refreshing to see characters that would have different walking styles, etc. I would almost like to see him crouched down or have them posed in the way that they would walk. I would image the ninja-esque guy to be a wise old man and have a deep hunch in his back and shuffle his feet when he walks.
I too am a fan of the claw shoes and it would be another nice addition to have claws on his hands (ninja style) http://www.karatemart.com/images/products/main/ninja-hand-claws.jpg.
As for the character thumbnail poses at the top: I think the guy with his arms up and white hair seems to have the most personality. I think it would be nice to push more crazy facial expressions with the characters overall. The guy on the bottom left seems to have awkward proportions on his left leg, as his foot is super small and leg is too thin. The foreshortening would have a better effect if the whole bottom part of the leg were thicker. i like your color choice overall and the works have a watercolor painting feel to them.
Keep it up!
(P.S. I suggest having more muscularity to some of the characters, as most of them are really thin at the moment)
I'm unsure we would have any time for this version to have different animation patterns for the characters, but it's otherwise something I'd really like to see differ from faction to faction aswell.
Hand claws would provide other problems such as sword grip, the latches blocking the upper side of the hand.
I'm also in love with the character with white hair and personality, but these concepts are for their clothing, body shapes and silhouettes, and he's not standing out in that regard other than the scarf looks good :)
More muscularity was a good suggestion. Here's a reference to draw inspiration from (might be too muscular):
http://www.swimwellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/bruce-lee.gif
hey, hey,
Glad you like it. I would also love to experiment with walking styles and additional weaponry, pity we dont have more time for that :/
There is one more thing - Im all for equality and stuff but do we really need male to female ratio 1to1? Wont 1 or 2 womans be enough? We could utilise white haired guy this way :)
I also updated the concepts with few unnoticable changes.
As for muscularity: one thing Ive heard some time ago is that its better to be thin and skinny when you're into sports like climbing. Dont know if its true but it would be a great excuse ;) Thanks for pics though, ill have a look..
CZERW, you're correct in the assesment that it's better to be more lean when it comes to climbing and things such as parkour.
Just take a look at Måns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0vHF7E5Zw0&t=3m43s
Or Daniel Ilabaca:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pJe5oslXqks/ScKf9sjETLI/AAAAAAAAAB4/zAiKVsYX4-k/s1600/Daniel+Ilabaca+Body+Shot+v.4.jpg
Another good point is that it would be better for us to have bodies close to the mocap actor we're using, to avoid things as body parts intersecting each others.
We might even make it as Project Aron distinctive style to have thin characters. That's not to say that they can't have defined muscularity, only that they shouldn't have muscules that makes them bigger.
For the 1:1 ratio of male to female, the initial release have the target to have atleast one male and one female character for each faction. If time allows it, we'll have more characters, which can be of either sex, aslong as there's atleast one of each.
Otherwise, we might have only the bodies, but several different heads for each.
After the first release of the game, and people are still interested on working on it, we may be able to add custom animations for each character, more weaponry (and fighting styles) aswell as more characters, but currently our deadline for June is already pretty ambitious :)
In other words, there's nothing that says we can't have more, aslong as we complete the initial things first.
Btw, the minor updates to the guy with black clothing are awesome! Very nice stuff! :D
Post a Comment